Our newly established vegetable garden has been keeping us on our toes throughout the summer, and we are in the midst of harvesting zucchini, cucumbers, chili peppers, potatoes, squash, lots of herbs and tomatoes.
Dealing with the challenges of a fractured wrist and the resulting surgery and ensuing healing process (it’s now been almost 8 weeks and healing very well), has held up our latest book project somewhat (as well as slowed down our posting frequency). We were already in the midst of publishing a new holiday book with all our favorite recipes (naturally, all gluten free) when all of this happened. Please, bear with us – things are looking up.
We are currently adding the final touches to some of our personal favorite holiday recipes and are in the midst of the final testing phase for some newly adapted European family recipes. So stay tuned for our next publication announcement, which we hope to combine with a newly revamped website as well. We are very excited about that.
Given our abundant zucchini harvest, we thought that Chocolate-Zucchini Muffins might offer a new challenge for our gluten free baking test kitchen.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup organic brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk Powder (“Now” brand)
- 1 cup sucanat (coconut sugar would be another option)
- 2 Tbsp. raw chocolate powder
- 3 tsp. gluten free baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. guar gum
- 1 tsp. Himalaya salt
- 2 firmly packed cups of finely shredded zucchini (did not peel them, since they grew in our own organic garden)