The following books have been very helpful in our own research concerning anything gluten free. Some of them have also been fun to read as well.
- The Gluten Free Bible, by Jax Peters Lowell. This author has made the entire subject matter fun as well as educational. Her obvious sense of humor offers a funny and insightful perspective on the gluten free lifestyle. A must read!!!
- Dangerous Grains, by James Braly, M.D. and Ron Hoggan, M.A. This book approaches the subject from a scientific and medical perspective and brings to light the dangers of gluten in our diet. A fascinating read!!
- Nourishing Traditions, by Sally Fallon and Pat Connolly and Mary G. Enig, Ph.D. Although this book does not specialize in gluten free recipes, it challenges the reader to question our present food culture and ideas of accepted diets in general.
- Dr. Mercola’s Total Health Cookbook & Program, by Dr. Joseph Mercola with Brian Vaszily, Dr. Kendra Pearsall and Nancy Lee Bentley. Dr. Mercola offers many grain-free recipes and a new approach to wellness with the Metabolic Type Plan. You can also subscribe to his free newsletter at www.mercola.com.
- You Are What You Eat, The Plan That Will Change Your Life, by Dr. Gillian McKeith. Even though, Dr. Gillian McKeith is not a gluten free author, she has helped to turn around some of the world’s worst eaters, and encouraged them to take responsibility for their own food, diet and life choices. She has given many a new perspective on healthy eating and sound nutrition.