The information offered in these books has been and still is very helpful to us on our journey towards greater wellness. We are not 100% raw but it comprises a significant part of our daily nutrition. Just to emphasize, neither of us is a health professional and we do not in any way intend to provide any medical advice to anyone. If you are looking for nutritional or medical guidance, please seek help from a qualified nutritionally and holistically oriented medical professional.
- THE CURE: Heal Your Body, Save Your Life, by Timothy Brantley. Timothy Brantley addresses the need for elimination of gluten as well as healing the digestive tract for greater absorption of nutrients and enhancing the immune system. He recommends a raw food diet and for those readers that are interested in including more raw foods in their daily diet, it serves as a great introduction into the raw food lifestyle.
- 12 Steps to Raw Foods, How to End Your Dependency on Cooked Food, by Victoria Boutenko. Victoria Boutenko’s approach to wellness has been very helpful to both of us. We enjoy our daily juices and smoothies and wouldn’t want to be without them. Large salads are a daily part of our diet and strongly recommended. Victoria Boutenko gives new insights into the importance of a raw food diet and resulting enhanced nutrition. A must read!
- Ani’s Raw Food Kitchen, Easy Delectable Living Foods Recipes, by Ani Phyo. Ani Phyo’s experience as a raw food chef is transparent throughout the book. Her innovative recipes have become a part of our diet. We had already included many raw recipes in our family’s diet for some years but when we recently discovered Ani’s book, it made the inclusion of additional raw foods even more fun and exciting. Her enthusiasm is contagious and her expertly designed recipes superb! She also offers advice on a raw pet food diet!
- The Raw Food Detox Diet, by Natalia Rose. Natalia Rose has been a true inspiration and has helped us heal from the many health problems that resulted from undiagnosed gluten intolerance. With her long-standing background and success as a nutritionist, she offers sound advice to anyone. You do not have to embrace a 100% raw lifestyle to benefit from her suggestions.
- The Raw 50, 10 Amazing Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Snacks, and Drinks For Your Raw Food Lifestyle, by Carol Alt with David Roth (Foreword by Nicholas J. Gonzalez, M.D.). Carol Alt definitely promotes a raw food lifestyle, but so many of her recipes are easy to duplicate and a definite must for anyone looking to improve their nutritional profile. Many of her recipes are extremely beneficial to anyone healing from the damaging effects of gluten intolerance.